Update: Thanks to all of you who’ve written to us! We’ve heard from a number of people already, so if you’re interested in this position, please get in touch by 5 PM EST Tuesday, May 3rd.
We’ve got big plans here at A Bicycle Built for Two, and we’re looking for one (or more!) lovely people to join our all-star team! If you are an organized and reasonably tech-savvy individual who is passionate about sharing the love of diverse LBTQ folks with the world wide web, then we would love to talk to you.
More specifically, we are seeking an editor to help prepare posts, keep our social media looking fabulous, and bring new ideas to the blog. This is a volunteer position—unfortunately, we can’t afford to pay you for your work, but we can offer you a cut of any profits, endless love, some top-notch resume experience, and perhaps even an invitation to our future wedding!
This position will entail:
- Organizing submissions of engagement and wedding stories & photos to prepare approximately 3 posts per week
- Maintaining frequent updates to our Tumblr, Pinterest, and Facebook pages
- Overseeing the ABBFT email account and helping us respond to emails in a timely fashion
- Reaching out to photographers or other vendors (via social media and/or through email) to solicit new submissions
- Assisting with special projects (making galleries, sponsored posts, etc.!)
- Great written communication and organization skills
- A passion for sharing stories of LBTQ love (you don’t have to be married and/or planning a wedding to be involved!)
- Innovative ideas for the future of ABBFT
- Ability to use or learn WordPress & Google Apps (we can teach you the basics, but a working knowledge helps!)
Time Investment: about 5 hours per week
If this sounds like it might be up your alley, we’d love to hear from you—just send us a brief message about yourself and your experience, telling us why you’d be a good fit for A Bicycle Built for Two!