Wedding: Anne and Allyson

From Anne: Our wedding was on the most gorgeous day the San Juan Islands had seen all summer! Both our ceremony and reception took place at Odd Fellows Hall, an historic hall perfectly situated on the water in Eastsound, Washington. We chose Orcas Island because Allyson’s family has been vacationing here since she was young and they brought me here several years ago when we first started dating. Since then, we have created our own memories in this magical place, and we saw our wedding as an opportunity to share it with our family and friends.

Our wedding was such an incredible day, full of joy and love and lots of emotions. We are so lucky to have so many supportive people in our lives, and we both have inherited even more in our partner’s families and friends. With 100 people coming from 16 different states, our wedding weekend was a great opportunity for new friendships to form and for people to catch up that had not seen each other for a while.

My favorite part of the day was Allyson and me singing “I’ve Just Seen A Face” by the Beatles out on the balcony with all of our friends and family standing around. We love to sing together at home or around a campfire with friends, and this gave us a chance to share that with everyone we love. Honestly, it all went by way too quickly! But I’m happy to have some great pictures and it’s nice to hear family and friends still bring it up their favorite moments. I know we will think back on it fondly for years and years.

Photographs by Jonathan Steinberg.

Event Credits

Catering: Deer Harbor InnLocation: Orcas Island, WashingtonMusic: Carl Burger (acoustic guitar)Officiant: Nora Martin (friend)Photography: Jonathan SteinbergStationery: Designed by Danielle Elins (friend)Venue: Odd Fellows Hall
This entry was posted in Attire, Lesbian Real Wedding, Lesbian Wedding, Pants + Dress, Real Wedding Inspiration, Region, Rustic, Style, T's FAVORITES, United States, Washington and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

7 Comments

1. Deidre
    Posted Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:59 am | Permalink

Absolutely stunning! These brides are just lovely and it looks like their day was perfect.

• Posted Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Thanks Deidre! Our day was perfect! 🙂 Anne

2. Posted Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:39 am | Permalink

These photos, wedding, and couple are amazing! Congratulations Anne & Allyson!

• Posted Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 1:18 pm | Permalink

Thanks Maggie!

3. Jes
    Posted Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

Your wedding looks stunning. My partner and I just booked the Odd Fellow Hall for our wedding next summer. We were curious as to where you two stayed on Orcas Is and where you had your photos taken? Thank you!

• Posted Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 1:16 pm | Permalink

Hi Jes, First, sorry I’m just responding to your comment. Second, congratulations! Our family and friends still talk about the time we spent on Orcas and I felt like Odd Fellows was such a special place to have our wedding. I hope you feel the same! We actually stayed at the waterfront Blackberry Beach cabin in Olga, because we wanted to be able to get away and have our alone time. My mom rented this house: http://www.vrbo.com/364151 which is literally walking distance to Odd Fellows. It was perfect to get ready there and then my wife and I walked to our wedding 🙂 Please feel free to email me if you have any other questions (asutkowi@gmail.com)! Good luck with your planning. Anne

4. Posted Sun, Oct 05, 2014 at 6:16 pm | Permalink

Thanks for another informative blog. Where else may just I am getting that type of information written in such an ideal means?
    I have a mission that I’m simply now operating on, and
    I have been at the look out for such information.

One Trackback